We had some brave souls turn out today, four of us eventually made it and we cracked on with the clearing on the bank past the new underpass.

A 'before' picture of the scrub on the bank.

Boy-o-boy was it cold and wet!!!! But we soldiered on and really started to make a difference. We didn’t have a fire today due to everything being so wet, so there are piles and piles of brash. This is all off the path but it looks a mess. We have kept it in lose piles so that it is easy to burn when we have a fire next. I might try and get down there tomorrow morning at 10am and try and burn it off then. It will just save time having to do it on the next proper workday.

The 'after' picture with bare earth ready to be warmed by the sunshine.

We all worked so hard today just to try and stay warm, I think. The sun came out for a very short time and basically it is pretty much on the clearing that we are making. This will pay dividends in the spring. Encouragingly there were a couple of red-breasted Robins that came to investigate the bare earth. Bear in mind that this ground has not seen the light of day for about thirty years.

Margaret clearing down the path.

You can see how wet and cold it was from the pictures.

John half way up the bank.

So I will try and get down there tomorrow, but failing that, next workday is Tuesday 14th February at 10am.

A rare picture of me actually working, and look at the piles of brash that we need to get rid of!

I will put some more dates on the blog in a while but I just need to be careful that we don’t clash with a few other things going on.

Thanks to all who made it today. Really making a difference.


About Paul

Just trying to create a slice of wildlife and a place for people to chill out and meet new friends in this crazy world that we live in.
This entry was posted in Newsreel. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Brrrrr…..

  1. Paul says:

    I managed to get down today and burn off a bit of the brash, actually a lot of the brash, but there is still loads left. John did a good job of cutting up the bigger bits and creating a log-pile. Still loads to do but it is starting to look really good on this bit 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s