Marvel must have sent Hulk because everything has turned green!
He left the nettle-pulling for the rest of us superheroes, in the form of Howard, Marcus, Wayne and myself…
Thanks – Hulk!
We set up camp at bench #2, the area where we put down a load of lady’s bedstraw seeds. We need to take care not to pull this out, thinking it is sticky-weed. They are both of the same cleavers family so may well look similar before flowering.
Pulling up the nettles and any bramble shoots. This will give everything else a chance to germinate and grow. Nothing will grow under dense canopy or ground-cover.
The newly seeded areas are starting to really green up. Hopefully, in a few weeks, we will have an idea of what is actually growing.Here’s one we seeded earlier. It’s looking very green!
Something else going green are the whips that we dug up from clearing #2 and planted into our hedge at clearing #3.
It’s a nice feeling to be using the natural resources around us to create something new.
After our coffee and cookie break…
…very tasty and definitely recommended, we had a go at wildflower identification.
Butterflies spotted were brimstone, orange-tip, peacock and speckled wood.
iRecord has been updated (please let me know how you get on with iRecord as a recording tool).
Also, please shout out any wrongly identified flowers.
Next week we are at bench #3 with a promise of banana cake…