Second week of a bit of TLC for our benches. We tightened the nuts and screws on the picnic benches and carried on with staining them.
Actually managed to remember a before and after picture this week!
We have the quadrant bench set and the small one-seater benches left to do next week. We also have our refurbished picnic bench to put in. Looking forward to getting this in place and creating a pleasant setting around it.
I did the obligatory litter-pick and did the quick-look-up-and-down photos.
Nice and wide so plenty of sunshine able to get to the edges of the path and encourage new things to grow. Spotted and recorded Small White and Orange-tip butterflies.
Our good friend, Andrew, has made us some replacement bat boxes so we need to schedule putting them up over the next week or two.
Loads of wildflowers starting to come up. I took photos with my phone but they are not close enough and of sharp focus. I will redo and we can try and identify and record everything that we see this year.
Lastly, just as we were packing up we had a massive hail storm!!