Great workday today, we extended the natural clearing by the gates, opposite where the new houses are being built. Got a really good stretch done and raked the ground back to bare soil. This will pay dividends later on this year because last year this spot had quite a few nice butterflies.
We upset the builders on the nearby building site, due to the wind blowing smoke across towards them, and I guess when we put a load of damp moss on the fire it really did smoke for a few minutes.
All in all a good day. Next workday is this Sunday, however, today I got some petrol for the brush-cutter so I will try and get the path clear over the next couple of weeks.
On Sunday we have two pressing jobs. The bird nesting-boxes, bat boxes and insect houses need to be put up, and the newly found reedbed needs work. I will bring ladders on Sunday for the bird boxes, and hopefully I will be confident enough with the brush-cutter to tackle the bank down to the reedbed.
See you on Sunday!