Busy afternoon on the greenway with six or so of us making it and we did a bit more hedge-laying in the bird-box clearing (the one with the bench and bird-boxes that young Paul put up last year). Mike was pretty much doing the hedge-laying and it’s starting to look pretty good now.
The rest of us got on with clearing the path downwards from this clearing, which was a slight deviation from the plan, due to Mike having concerns that we maybe had cut back a bit too savagely on the last workday. This is where the path is quite narrow so we made it very open with views across each side.
It is good to see that in the areas that we have widened previously, there are loads of shoots coming up. Don’t have a clue what the shoots are but I guess we will find out soon enough.
The next workday is next Sunday and I think we need to press on downwards from where we left off today. I would also like to put the rest of the bird-boxes up in the clearing. We also have a lot of insect houses that need to go up, so plenty to do. As soon as we get to the end, we can then push back the scrub in selected areas and see what starts to grow. In the bit that we cleared today, the ground was totally dead underneath the scrub.
Thanks to all who made it today. We got lucky with the weather, just 🙂
Until next time!