Bit of a shaky video of our new clearing. I have a ton of poppy seeds to sow, along with a lot of other locally-sourced wildflower seeds.
Mick, Marcus and me today and it was hard, hard work, which is probably why the video is a bit wobbly. However, we grubbed out a load of bramble roots and raked it over. It looks pretty good already.
We have to be careful not to get carried away. Making the clearings is one thing but maintaining them is a whole different game. We have learnt in the past that it becomes impossible to even recognise some areas that we cut back and seeded.
What we decided today is that we are going to create four or five statement wildflower clearings. We already have one at the Potford Dam end and the one at the bird-feeder clearing. This one will be fantastic and we can drop in another couple, in-between.
I think keeping on top of four or five wildflower clearings will be enough and over the years we will be pushing them out along the path so they become longer and longer.
Really looking forward to seeing how this all looks in summer next year!