Marcus, Mike, Aaron and myself got the bat boxes up. A bit of research and we found out that the entrance to the chamber needs to be 15 to 20 mm wide, so we closed this up a bit. We also found that the boxes need to be mounted close together and facing the sun.
It is all a bit of trial and error at the moment but we can keep an eye on the boxes to see if they are being used.
If we see bat droppings under the boxes we will know that we have bats.
We refilled the bird-feeders and really it is just about me getting back into a routine with the greenway, since moving house.
Lastly, Aaron gave the sides of the path one last mow.
Next one is either meeting at the underpass and working north, or finding a clearing to plant the sack full of bluebell bulbs that Andrew gave me. It will probably be the bulbs, but I just need to find a clearing.
Great day today, great company and good work.